On November 17th on their home court, the Terriers fell to the Colonials, 72-59.
An interesting fact coming into the game: In the last four years of the series, the Terriers are now 1-3 with a record of 0-1 at Case Gym.
George Washington controlled Boston University in shooting and defensive rebounding.
The Colonials shot 52% from the floor, easily topping the Terriers, who struggled to a lowly 32% against a decent defense. George Washington pulled down 34 big defensive rebounds compared to 18 by Boston University, and that created a possession gap.
Dom Morris was the leading scorer for the Terriers with 14 points in 31 minutes. D.J. Irving chipped in with a game-leading five assists.
|C||M. Watson Jr.||25||7||2||3||1||0||2|
This is an unfortunate early loss for Boston University, who is not expected to have a better team than last year. While it's still early, the Terriers have slipped to 0-3.
Next on the schedule is Rutgers on the road on November 20th.
Boston University Game Notes:
- The top two scorers (Dom Morris and John Papale) accounted for 44.0% of the points.
- The bench recorded more rebounds (18) than the starters (10).
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 1:40 left to go.
- D.J. Irving has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- Boston University started 0-3 during the 2011, 2009, 2005, 2003, 1999, and 1998 seasons (since 1996).
George Washington Game Notes:
- The top two scorers (Joe McDonald and Bryan Bynes) accounted for 41.6% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Isaiah Armwood and Kevin Larsen) accounted for 47.5% of the rebounds.
Check out the complete Games Notes
Tags: Dom Morris
, D.J. Irving