Boston University basketball kicks off the 2012-2013 season in Boston on November 9 against Northeastern. The Terriers have put together a squad that they hope can match the performance of last season's team. They need to overcome the loss of 51% of last season's minutes with the added contributions of three incoming freshmen.
The largest gap to fill for Boston University will be on defense, as the team lost 69.3% of their shot blocking. Following that is three-point shooting, where they also lost a big 55.9% of last year's output.
Boston University played to a final overall record of 16-15 last season and were 3rd in the America East with a conference record of 12-4. The Terriers lost to Hartford 53-49 in the America East tournament. Boston University lost last year's seniors Darryl Partin (33 minutes per game), Matt Griffin (25 MPG), Patrick Hazel (23 MPG), Jeff Pelage (10 MPG), and Chris Kurz (1 MPG). The Terriers will also go without Mike Terry Jr. (9 MPG) and Mat Piotrowski (2 MPG), who left the team.
Coming back to the Terriers are junior D.J. Irving (11.4 points/game), junior Dom Morris (6.8 points/game), junior Travis Robinson (1.2 assists/game), sophomore Malik Thomas (4.8 points/game), and sophomore Zach Chionuma (2.0 points/game).
The Terriers pick up incoming freshmen including 6-3 John Papale, 5-10 Maurice Watson Jr., and 6-8 Justin Alston. Also joining the team is 5-9 sophomore Dylan Brossman. Boston University opens America East play on January 2nd at Maine.
Tags: Darryl Partin
- Since 2002, Boston University has an overall winning percentage of 56.7%.
- The Terriers have an average conference finish of 3.0 over the last 5 seasons. Over the past 16 the team has an average finish of 3.1.
- The average final RPI (last year) of opponents on this year's schedule is 222.4.
- This year's opponent with the highest RPI from last year is Harvard (#38).
- This year's opponent with the lowest RPI from last year is Binghamton (#344).
, Matt Griffin
, Patrick Hazel
, Jeff Pelage
, Chris Kurz
, Mike Terry Jr.
, Mat Piotrowski
, D.J. Irving
, Dom Morris
, Travis Robinson
, Malik Thomas
, Zach Chionuma
, John Papale
, Maurice Watson Jr.
, Justin Alston
, Cameron Curry